Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Buttercup Bag

I felt the need to make a new bag recently. A while ago I came across the free pattern for the Buttercup Bag on the blog Made By Rae. You can make the bag with two fat quarters and that sparked my memory of two fat quarters I purchased a few years ago. I loved the fabric but was not sure what I wanted to use it for so it sat in my fabric stash. I did modify the pattern slightly. I added the loop for the button closure and attached the handle to the inside instead of the outside.





I also added a pocket to the inside. I stiched down the pocket to create two sections.





I love the button. This was the first time I used a fabric covered button in one of my projects. I think it is cute with the flowers being highlighted.

No comments:

Post a Comment