Sunday, June 7, 2009

Bumpers and Blocks

I finally got around to two projects I have wanted to complete this weekend. I didn't make the bumpers. My talented mother did the sewing of them for me. However, they had been falling down so we decided to try Velcro to fix the problem. The first attempt didn't work very well because the Velcro kept coming off the fabric so I got some that was sew in and adhesive. I also added bows above the Velcro to help hold it in place. So far it seems to be holding.

I also made some blocks for Joel. I loved Annie's so much that I wanted to make some for Joel as well. I found a charm back I liked at a great fabric store in Newton, Kansas, called Charlotte's. It was the Dinosaur Uproar by Moda. I did have to add one block from my mom's stash of fabric so that I could make six blocks.

Here Joel is enjoying his new toys. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment